NB+C is a leading telecommunications development firm seeking creative and experienced Electrical Engineers in the Baltimore – Washington and Greater Philadelphia areas.
About The Role
The Electrical Engineer will lead the engineering team with advanced degrees of direct project responsibilities while maintaining an in-depth knowledgebase of the telecommunications site development process. Project work will focus on new site development of macro and small cell sites, the modification of existing telecommunications facilities, fiber optic networks, and other project types as required. Responsibilities will focus on the accurate and efficient production of engineering deliverables and maintaining effective job flow while managing multiple projects.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Supervise, manage and perform quality analysis and quality control for team of engineers in the production of electrical engineering design drawings, construction drawings, cost estimates and other contract documents for various telecommunication sites.
- Oversee development of construction plans for telecommunications client equipment upgrades and modifications
- Assist Engineering Market Manager with final review of production deliverables and professionally endorse (sign and/or seal) reports, plans, and other contract documents as needed
- Supervise, manage, engineer and design:
- Ability to design complex one-line diagrams, perform fault current calculations, develop Panel schedules, design backup power systems, perform load studies and load calculations
- Design AC power distribution in the public ROW and through buildings
- Design grounding systems for telecommunications sites, ability to calculate resistance potential for site specific soils, ability to design lightning protection systems.
- New and upgraded telecommunications antenna locations from existing infrastructure to proposed destination in public right-of-way and private property
- New conduit routes for fiber optic utility companies from existing infrastructure to proposed destination in public right-of-way and private property
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering required. Advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years’ engineering experience required
- EIT required, PE preferred
A successful company starts with its people
Learning & Development
Through our learning and development process, we collaborate with employees to design a career blueprint facilitating growth, offering ongoing feedback, setting milestone goals and affording opportunities to advance.
New to Telecom
NB+C provides you with the opportunity to work with the best in wireless. Your experience will be hands-on, in the field and side by side. If you are a new graduate or making a career transition, our New to Wireless Program will support you by providing one-on-one mentorship and a culture that supports learning and individual growth.
NB+C supports each person’s professional development. We have implemented a model that enables our employees to actively engage in their own growth. Through our talent management system, we have designed and implemented clear guidelines for career progression. Our employees know exactly how to achieve their goals.
Our Summer Internship Program provides a unique opportunity for rising college seniors to immerse themselves in our projects and produce results. Interns will experience one-on-one mentorship throughout the summer to maximize their learning as well as weekly lunch and learns with our subject-matter experts.
We believe we have the best employees in wireless, and we work hard to show them our appreciation. NB+C hosts quarterly company-wide employee appreciation events, monthly activities in each office, and frequent departmental team-building and social outings. Each quarter, we recognize outstanding performance of employees who exemplify our core value of being totally committed.
NB+C offers the following benefits to our employees:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance/Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance
- 401k Savings Plan
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Personal Time Off
- 9 Paid Holidays
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
Life at NB+C
Our employees are our number-one priority. We understand that a successful company begins with successful employees. We continuously strive to build an empowering, collaborative and growth-oriented culture that makes our team proud and drives them to be #1.
Caring is in our DNA
From 5Ks to food drives, NB+C is totally committed to giving back to its communities and important causes. Each of our offices has a charitable cause that it supports on an ongoing basis by donating time, resources or fundraising.